Three holiday cottages on a tranquil country estate; Large dining area and hot tub; Ideal for families and groups
“We’ve had two wonderful holidays here, both were excellent. The warm welcome, the accommodation and location were all fantastic” “Beautiful view and cozy rooms..”
The cottages: Three traditional stone-built houses sleep up to 19 in proper beds (up to 22 with fold-up beds):
- Old Bell House (Hen dy Gloch), the west wing of the original manor house, sleeps up to 10 (up to 11 with a fold-up bed), large dining area for 10-20, hot tub in private garden
- Lake House (Ty Llyn), the south wing of the manor house, sleeps up to 5
- The Lodge (Y Porthdy), the original gatehouse, sleeps up to 4 (up to 6 with a day bed)
Main features: Located in the heart of Snowdonia, the ‘4th top region in the world to visit’ (Lonely Planet), this handsome estate has it all:
- Get together: Old Bell House features an open-plan kitchen/dining area for up to 20 to dine together and a private garden with hot tub. Large terraced patio area to enjoy outdoor eating (Weber kettle BBQs provided) with views of estate, small lake and mountains
- Comfortable Accommodation: 250 year old manor-house accommodation and gatehouse cottage, steeped in history with traditional features and Charnwood wood-burners set in original fireplaces
- Country Estate: 9 acres of developed gardens with mature trees, rhododendrons, a small lake, streams, old mill race and SSSI woodland bordering onto the Teigl river
- Local Activities: From this picturesque position at the head of the Vale of Ffestiniog, you can enjoy one of the ‘finest natural playgrounds in Europe’ (Rough Guide) with beaches, zip wires, hiking, pony trekking, mountain biking, white water rafting and surfing… or just relax with a drink on the patio and appreciate the mountain views! There is even a friendly pub serving local ales and food just 5 minutes walk away
“Hot tub, views, beautiful building.. just perfect..” “This is a truly beautiful house.. homely, well equipped, perfect for large groups, with enough room for your own space if needed”
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Children? Children are very welcome but need to be appropriately supervised to ensure their health and safety – like many properties in Snowdonia, there are potential hazards such as stairs, wood burners, a small lake, hot tub and river-side woodland.
- Parties? We are in a peaceful location on the edge of a quiet village, so we can’t host noisy parties, gatherings or events such as stag or hen weekends, sorry.
- Pets? Sorry, we do not accept pets.
- Parking? There is ample space for 8-10 cars: 6-7 close to Old Bell House and Lake House and 2-3 next to The Lodge.
- Availability? See our availability and rates. We recommend contacting us to ensure we meet all your requirements, particularly for larger groups.
- Contact us? Enquire at: 01766 762307, 07766 042386 or email.
Find us: For satnav, use the post code LL41 4LL, or simply put ‘Plas Blaenddol’ into Google maps