Holiday Cottages for Families, Couples, Friends and Groups
Three stone-built houses within a tranquil country estate sleep up to 19 in proper beds (up to 22 with additional fold-up beds):
- Old Bell House (Clochdy), the west wing of the original manor house, sleeps up to 10 (up to 11 with a fold-up single bed), hot tub in private garden
- Lake House (Bwthyn y Llyn), the south wing of the manor house, sleeps up to 5
- The Lodge (Chybean), the original gatehouse, sleeps up to 4 (up to 6 with a day bed)
Located in the heart of Snowdonia, the ‘4th top region in the world to visit’ (Lonely Planet), this handsome estate has it all:
- Get together: Old Bell House features an open-plan kitchen/dining area with facilities for up to 20 to dine together and a private garden with hot tub. Large terraced patio area to enjoy outdoor eating with views of estate and mountains (Weber kettle BBQs provided)
- Comfortable Accommodation: 250 year old manor-house accommodation and gatehouse cottage with well-equipped comfort, steeped in history with traditional features and Charnwood wood-burners set in original fireplaces
- Country Estate: 9 acres of developed gardens with mature trees, rhododendrons, a small lake, streams, old mill race and SSSI woodland bordering onto the Teigl river
- Local Activities: From this picturesque position at the head of the Vale of Ffestiniog, you can enjoy one of the ‘finest natural playgrounds in Europe’ (Rough Guide) with beaches, zip wires, hiking, pony trekking, mountain biking, white water rafting and surfing to name a few… or just relax with a drink on the terraced patio and appreciate the mountain views! There is even a friendly pub serving local ales and food just 5 minutes walk away
“This is a truly beautiful house, homely, well equipped, perfect for large groups with enough room for you’re own space if needed” “Beautiful big house, comfy, cosy and warm” “The houses were perfect, in beautiful surroundings” “We’ve had two wonderful holidays here. Both were excellent. The warm welcome, the accommodation & location were all fantastic” “The gardens and lake at the house are stunning if you just want to relax”
Children are welcome but need to be appropriately supervised to ensure their health and safety – like many properties in Snowdonia, there are potential hazards such as stairs, wood burners, a small lake, hot tub and river-side woodland.
Noise: We are in a peaceful location on the edge of a quiet village, so we can’t host noisy gatherings or events such as stag or hen parties, sorry.
Pets: We accept one very well behaved dog in Old Bell House, free of charge, by prior arrangement only. Subject to conditions.
See our availability and rates
Enquire at: 01766 762307, 07766 042386 or email
We recommend contacting us to ensure we meet all your requirements, particularly for larger groups.
Note: For satnav, use LL41 4LL to get close (our post code LL41 4PH will take you the wrong way)