Holiday Cottages for Families, Couples, Friends and Groups
Three stone-built houses within a tranquil country estate sleep 4, 5 and 10 individually or, together, sleep between 14 and 19 in proper beds (up to 22 with additional fold-up beds):
- Old Bell House (Clochdy), part of the original manor house, sleeps up to 10 (up to 11 with a fold-up single bed)
- Lake House (Bwthyn y Llyn), part of the manor house, sleeps up to 5
- The Lodge (Chybean), the original gatehouse, sleeps up to 4 (up to 6 with a day bed)
Our goal: “to offer an authentic, traditional experience, with well-equipped comfort, idyllic surroundings for getting family and friends together, and located close to the best activities Snowdonia has to offer”
Located in the ‘4th top region in the world to visit’ (Lonely Planet) and one of the ‘finest natural playgrounds in Europe’ (Rough Guide), this handsome estate has it all:
- Get together: Old Bell House features an open-plan kitchen/dining area with facilities for up to 20 to dine together. Large terraced patio area to enjoy outdoor eating (Weber kettle BBQs provided) with views of estate and mountains.
- Comfortable Accommodation: 250 year old manor-house accommodation and gatehouse cottage with well-equipped comfort, hot tub (with Old Bell House), steeped in history with traditional features and Charnwood wood-burners set in original fireplaces
- Country Estate: 9 acres of developed gardens with mature trees, a small lake, streams and SSSI woodland bordering onto the Teigl river
- Local Activities: From this fabulous position at the head of the picturesque Vale of Ffestiniog, you can enjoy the best group activities* and beaches Snowdonia has to offer… or just relax with a drink on the terraced patio and appreciate the mountain views! There is even a friendly pub serving local ales and food just 5 minutes walk away
*Zip World, Bounce Below, Surf Snowdonia, pony trekking, white water rafting, mountain biking, steam railways, castles, Portmeiron, hiking… to name a few!
Children are welcome but need to be appropriately supervised to ensure their health and safety – like many properties in Snowdonia, there are potential hazards such as stairs, wood burners, a small lake, hot tub and river-side woodland.
Pets: We accept one very well behaved dog per house (2 in Old Bell House), free of charge, by prior arrangement only. Subject to conditions.
Noise: We are in a peaceful location on the edge of a quiet village, so we can’t host loud gatherings or events such as stag or hen parties, sorry.
See our availability and rates
Enquire at: 01766 762307, 07766 042386 or email
We recommend contacting us to ensure we meet all your requirements, particularly for larger groups.
Note: For satnav, use LL41 4LL to get close (our post code LL41 4PH will take you the wrong way)