Holiday Cottages for Families, Couples, Friends and Groups
Three stone-built houses within a tranquil country estate sleep 4, 5 and 10 individually or, together, sleep between 14 and 19 in proper beds (up to 22 with additional fold-up beds):
- Old Bell House (Clochdy), part of the original manor house, sleeps up to 10 (up to 11 with a fold-up single bed)
- Lake House (Bwthyn y Llyn), part of the manor house, sleeps up to 5
- The Lodge (Chybean), the original gatehouse, sleeps up to 4 (up to 6 with a day bed)
Our goal: “to offer an authentic, traditional experience, with well-equipped comfort, idyllic surroundings for getting family and friends together, and located close to the best activities Snowdonia has to offer”
- Get together: Old Bell House features an open-plan kitchen/dining area with facilities for up to 20 to dine together. Large terraced patio area to enjoy outdoor eating (Weber kettle BBQs provided) with views of estate and mountains.
- Comfortable Accommodation: 250 year old manor-house accommodation and gatehouse cottage with well-equipped comfort, hot tub (with Old Bell House), steeped in history with traditional features and Charnwood wood-burners set in original fireplaces
- Country Estate: 9 acres of developed gardens with mature trees, a small lake, streams and SSSI woodland bordering onto the Teigl river
- Local Activities: From this fabulous position at the head of the picturesque Vale of Ffestiniog, you can enjoy the best group activities* and beaches Snowdonia has to offer… or just relax with a drink on the terraced patio and appreciate the mountain views! There is even a friendly pub serving local ales and food just 5 minutes walk away
*Zip World, Bounce Below, Surf Snowdonia, pony trekking, white water rafting, mountain biking, steam railways, castles, Portmeiron, hiking… to name a few!
Children are welcome but need to be appropriately supervised to ensure their health and safety – like many properties in Snowdonia, there are potential hazards such as stairs, wood burners, a small lake, hot tub and river-side woodland.
Pets: We accept one very well behaved dog per house (2 in Old Bell House), free of charge, by prior arrangement only. Subject to conditions.
Noise: We are in a peaceful location on the edge of a quiet village, so we can’t host loud gatherings or events such as stag or hen parties, sorry.
See our availability and rates
Enquire at: 01766 762307, 07766 042386 or email
We recommend contacting us to ensure we meet all your requirements, particularly for larger groups.
Note: For satnav, use LL41 4LL to get close (our post code LL41 4PH will take you the wrong way)