Guests say… “Brilliant base for biking in North Wales. Easy access to Coed-y-Brenin, and Antur Stiniog..” “Thoroughly enjoyed my stay as it was a good mix of relaxation and the great outdoors”
Plas Blaenddol is perfectly located to enjoy some of the best mountain biking in North Wales. In fact two out of the top six trail centres in the UK (as ranked by iBikeRide) are our closest! – see Antur Stiniog and Coed y Brenin below – or, if you prefer to ride on the wild side, there are lots of options from our doorstep.
As well as a great location, we offer:
- Secure bike storage, a hose to wash down bikes, we also try to hold a few essential spares
- A utility room with 2 washing machines and a dryer
- Broadband Wifi for planning the next days’ trails or sharing photos and video
- A hot tub (with Old Bell House only) to sooth tired limbs
- The perfect spot for post-ride relaxation or a BBQ
- A pub on the doorstep (5 mins walk) serving great local ales and food
Gallery (pub, bike storage, hot tub):
We are keen mountain bikers (with a wide range of abilities!) so please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions or want any advice before planning your trip.
- 5 minutes to Antur Stiniog, the incredible and internationally renowned down-hill centre with a great uplift service. Competitions, such as the British Downhill series, come here, and with good reason. There are ‘blue’, ‘red’ and ‘black’ down-hill grades, but note these are more challenging than their equivalent cross country trails. Bike hire available. You can just turn up, but in busy times we recommend booking in advance. Antur Stiniog Gallery:
- 15 minutes to Coed y Brenin, the UK’s best trail centre, as voted by readers of Single Track Mountain Bike Magazine in 2016. There’s something for all levels of rider, with eight dedicated biking trails, ranging from gentle ‘green’ trails along the bottom of the valley to more daunting ‘black’ runs. Mountain views, waterfalls and remnants of the Gwynfynydd gold mine are among the welcome distractions. The visitor centre is an elegant construction in wood with an award winning cafe, changing facilities and a good bike shop offering cycle hire. Just turn up and ride. Coed y Brenin Gallery:
- 15 minutes to Penmachno Trails, one of the best kept secrets in central Snowdonia. There are just two loops, but don’t let that put you off. Up to 30km of ‘red’ grade trails, packed with flowing descents, gnarly rock gardens, amazing views and of course some big climbs. There’s even a pub nearby in Penmachno for some post-riding supper. Penmachno Gallery:
Further afield, more great trails:
- 25 minutes to Gwydir Mawr and Bach (formerly Marin) trails, near to Betws y Coed, has big climbs, big descents, great single track and excellent scenery.
- 45 minutes to Dyfi Forest, south of us and on the edge of the national park, has four great trails with open moorland, forest descent and miles of single track.
Enquiries: 01766 762307, 07766 042386 or email